Wednesday, October 17, 2012

thoughts on home decor

Ever since Ryan and I got married, I have spent a lot of time and effort on making our house into our home. I spend a lot of time looking for home inspiration and ways to decorate on a budget. It's fun! There are so many inspiring blogs to look at, and so many ways to be creative in home decor!

Sometimes, however, I know I can focus too much on this aspect of our lives. I can easily spend too much time and money if I let myself! Sometimes, after a long sitting of exploring all of my favorite blogs and Pinterest, I feel guilty. I could have done so many other things in that time frame... spent time with my hubby, in The Word, at the gym, or with friends.

So I've come to a conclusion about this, at least for now..... It's all about finding balance. My mom sent me the lyrics to this song a few weeks ago. Sorry mom, I'm not a huge fan of the song itself, but I love the words in the chorus:

In bright color
And in joyous line
In morning light and lampfire
I'll make fine my home here
And trust in my home to come
-Amy Grant, Bridegroom

So, to sum it up, I'll take care in making my life and home on earth something that is pleasing to the Lord, and trust Jesus until it's time for me to go to be with Him. And there's so much more to 'making fine my home here' than just home decor, but it is something that I'm particularly enjoying these days. :)

· sylvia ·

No comments:

Post a Comment