Thursday, September 6, 2012

house tour {before}

In July, we moved to Temple, TX! Ryan started his residency at Scott & White, and he's loving it so far. He works a lot, but he loves his patients and the people he works with. So far, we are very happy with our choice! (It is also fun that Jeffrey & Lauren Edwards and Chase & Taryn Cawyer moved here as well!)

Once we found out we were moving to Temple, we decided to buy a house here. We looked at a lot and changed our mind many times.... and we found the perfect house for us! Here are all of the "before" pictures. These are the pictures that the previous owners posted online to show the house. (Sorry for the poor quality!) I'll be pointing out all of my least favorite things about the previous decor (in a loving way, of course), and I'll be periodically adding updates to the blogs with changes we're making! We're trying to take it slow and make smart choices about what we change. Which is hard for us (or me), but I think we're doing well!

Here we go....

 Cute little one story house - perfect for us! :)
 This is the living room which you can see as you walk in the front door....
Goodbye yucky red curtains hung at an awkward height!
We have already painted our living/dining area. (Benjamin Moore Grant Beige)
It is a more neutral color (the old color was sort of yellow-y), and I love it more everyday!
Grant Beige Benjamin Moore
{Benjamin Moore Grant Beige}


 This is the view from the living room into the kitchen/dining area.
We love how open it is!

 Our kitchen!
Goodbye rooster decor and ugly shade over the sink.
We will be painting the kitchen soon, and adding knobs to the cabinets!
My dream was to paint the cabinets, but this isn't our dream house. So we're sticking with the oak.

kitchen window alma project {not our kitchen}
One of my favorite bloggers, Centsational Girl, re-did this kitchen for a woman who helps foster children who are transitioning out of homelessness. (You can read the story here.) 
I am inspired by 1) her, in general, and 2) how she took a "normal" kitchen that you can find in a builders grade home and made it pretty... or less of an eyesore, depending on your perspective!
(We can't all have BHG kitchens, people. I've accepted this. It felt good.)
You should also check our her blog! She has tons of great idea for decor on a budget.
So this is sort of my kitchen inspiration... now, if I can just talk R into a fun back splash! :)

 Master bedroom!
This room will be painted. Soon, I hope!
And we love the window, it actually goes almost all the way to the ceiling.
And we're so thankful for the blackout shade that the previous homeowners (also a resident family) left for us! It has really helped Ryan when he sleeps during the day and works at night!

 Master Bath

 Guest room. Many changes here... someday! :)

 Office... you can't tell, but the walls are seriously the worst color ever.
Pink? Beige? I like to call them flesh color. Just trust me, it's not pretty.
Unfortunately, the office is at the bottom of my priorities,
so it will have to stay this color as long as I can stand it!

And the guest bath! I have a pretty little makeover in mind for this room as well. :)

 Aaand.... the crowning glory! Our enormous backyard!
Can't wait for a little puppy to be running around here soon. :)

I hope you enjoyed our house tour!
I'm just glad to live in a home, no matter what it looks like,
with the one I love the most!
(And the one who just laughs instead of getting mad when I accidentally go to Target and accidentally buy a bunch of stuff I didn't mean to for our house....oops! Love you, honey!)

· sylvia ·

No comments:

Post a Comment